The astronomical observations dating back to at least the sixth century. C. and have played an important role in the development of astronomy.
The early observers they used simple tools to make measurements coarse, the positions of the Sun, the Moon and the stars.
But, with time, were developed and used more sophisticated instruments to study the movements of the heavenly bodies and to make increasingly accurate measurements of their positions, their movements and the relationships between them.
And so I move forward the science of astronomy.
Today, astronomers use a variety of telescopes, binoculars and other instruments to study the Universe. And every day of highest quality and accuracy.
Luckily, much of this technology is to look at the night sky it is also within the reach of amateur and fans.
On the other hand, astronomical observations on the part of the people fond of is an unforgettable experience, but it also has its value and contribution to the science of the astronomy.
In fact, astronomers today recognize that the interests of the professional and amateur astronomers have a lot in common.
Since, in both groups, we are dedicated to the study of the Universe and both play a vital role in the advancement of our knowledge of this science.
What are the astronomical observations?
The astronomical observations are the study of objects and phenomena in the sky using telescopes, binoculars, other tools of observation, or to the naked eye.
These observations can include everything from the study the stars and the planets until the observation of galaxies and nebulae.
And, the astronomical observations allow us to learn about the universe and how it works.
Therefore, the observations of the night sky they have been used for centuries to help us better understand our place in the universe.
By studying the stars, planets and other objects in the sky, we have been able to learn about their movements, compositions and other properties.
and it is this knowledge that has allowed us to develop theories about the formation and evolution of the universe.
So that the astronomical observations continue to play a vital role in our understanding of the cosmos, including ourselves.
How to make a good astronomical observations?
Make good astronomical observations it requires something more than point a telescope or a few binoculars astronomical to heaven and hope for the best.
There are a few things that every astronomer or astronomer amateur can do and prepare for success. Because, with a little bit of planning and forecastinganyone can perform excellent astronomical observations.
Why bother to observe the stars?
The first question you should ask yourself is why you want to do it.
- Do you want to see the rings of Saturn and the moons of Jupiter?
- Or do you simply curious to know what are all those lights in the night sky?
- Or perhaps you want to see Mars and the Moon in detail?
The answer will determine what to type of optical equipment is the best, or even if you need to, or not, of a telescope or binoculars to make astronomy.
What do you need for your observations of the sky each night?
If you are looking for look through a telescope, you should know that there are two main types of telescopes: refractors and reflectors.
- The telescopes refractors use lenses to focus the light. Offer a view bright and clear sky. The bigger the lens, the more powerful the telescope. A lens is large also collects more light, which means you can see objects more weak. The refractors tend to be larger and more expensive than the reflector telescopes, but the extra cost is worth it. Especially if you want a telescope to see planets and deep sky objects.
- On the other hand, the reflector telescopes use mirrors to gather and focus light. These tend to be smaller than the refractors and less expensive. But that means that you get a view less bright in the sky, so are more suitable for observing the Moon and planets.
And, if you think that you need are one or more binoculars astronomicalas you know that this site is specializing in this type of information and training.
But I want to tell you that, if you are going to begin to look with interest at the sky and get started with astronomical viewing now, my recommendation is that you start understanding the sky and the position of the stars to the naked eye.
How to find celestial objects in your astronomical observations?
Once you've found the location of a celestial object in the sky, you should be able to find it again.
To do this, you can make use of books or astronomy applications, but the most intuitive and easy it is to make use of star maps.
And, if you have a star mapyou can find an object by following these steps:
- Find the date of your observation. It is important to look at the correct date, because the objects appear in different places at different times of the year.
- Find the table for the month and the day of your observation. This is done by looking at the legend on the map, that tells you how many degrees are there in a day.
- Find the object on the map using latitude and longitude to be able to locate it in the sky at the time of your observation.
- During the observation of the object, it looks at the hour of the night and the coincidence with the data from the map of the sky.
- Practice to re-locate that you have seen on future occasions, and, almost without wanting to, you'll gain hands-on experience.
What to look for when looking at the sky?
There are many things to look for when observing the night sky.
The first thing to look for is the Moon. The Moon is an excellent way to get your bearings and see what else is out there.
Then looking for the constellations. Constellations are patterns of stars that can help you to orientate yourself in the sky.
And, finally, looking for the visible planets. The planets are bright and move quickly through the sky.
Then, you should be aware of astronomical events spot on certain dates such as:
Tips and tricks to make astronomical observations
When it comes to making astronomical observations, there are some things that you can do to make the process as easy and enjoyable as:
- First, make sure you have the proper equipment. A good telescope or binoculars, it is essential to get a good view of the night sky, in addition to simple view.
- In the second place, find a dark place away from city lights and polluted skies. The darker your environment, the better you'll be able to see the celestial objects.
- Third, take enough time to get adjusted to the darkness. Your eyes can take up to 30 minutes to fully adapt to the low light conditions.
- Once you're ready, relax, spend time and explore the night sky slowly. Do not attempt to expedite your feedback, as this can lead to frustration and disappointment.
- Remember, you're looking at things that are very faint, so don't expect to see objects as clearly as we would the light of the day or a documentary about the Universe.
- If you have binoculars or a telescope, now is the time to use them! Even a small increase will make it easier to see dim objects.
- If you have a planisphere, just use it! A planisphere is like a sky atlas and can help to identify objects in the sky for your location, and its relative brightness.
- If you don't have a planisphere, you can make your own by printing the PDF above using any mobile app or by following any of the articles published in this section of the blog.
Abraham Velázquez of Binoculars Astronomical.